Reggie Miller

Reggie Miller
This is my life story, as a recued Dog

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Reggie Miller, the Dog... this is the beginning

let me introduce myself. My name is Reginald McFreginald Miller, the dog, though my friends call me Reggie. I have a wonderful family, countless friends, and a comfortable home. But this hasn't always been my lot in life. You see, as a rescue animal, I've had quite a struggle. In fact, you could say that I'm fortunate to be alive.

My original 'parents', if you could call them that, got me from my neighbors because they thought I was cute. This was a short lived adoption however. They say that 'good looks don't pay the bills'. Well, my scruffy facial hair, brown and tan terrier/mutt frame and large dark eyes didn't get me fed every day. I had to take things into my own paws- implement a 'plan B', if you will. I could see that if I wanted to be rescued from my chains of misery and neglect, I would have to dig my way out of the yard and into a world of freedom.

But my life as a street dog will be a story for another day. I'd like to talk to you a bit about rescue animals. After my Uncle Justin met me- whom you'll meet in chapter 7 of my book: 'THE TRUE LIFE STORY OF REGINALD MCFREGINALD MILLER THE DOG'- he searched high and low to find a dog just like me. He researched the internet, books etc. to try and find an exact match. When he told my real mom, Michelle, about his fruitless search for my twin, she told him he was looking in all the wrong places. "What you have to do", she said, "is go to the pound and find the ugliest (her words, not mine), most pathetic looking mutt in there, and he will be so grateful for his rescue that you will have a wonderful companion and loyal best friend." That's exactly what he did, and she was right! He rescued my cousin Scruffy, a black poodle mutt, from his local pound, and has had his new best friend for nearly 7 years. Though I don't see the resemblance, Uncle Justin said he had found his Reggie. I'm just so grateful for my rescue. It is my hope that my true story might inspire other pet-parents-to-be out there to look in the right place- at their local animal shelter or dog pound- for thier next canine companion.

I hope you will join me as I take you through the journey that is my true life story. Each day will pick up where we left off. Perhaps you will see us rescue animals as more than just a bunch of poster kids, but as we really are: waiting to be part of a real family. We want you to play with us, walk us, treat us as if we are worth something. And from what I hear the payoff is priceless! I promise that we will look to you for our every move, be loyal to you, and live for your approval. I'll see you cats tomorrow when you'll learn of my great escape!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute - I had the email you sent Melissa, but it was piled up in a shuffle of emails & I just spotted it 2nd time today!!! Thanks for sending.

    ReplyDelete